Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP):
Platelets are tiny cells in yours blood that repair damaged blood vessels and stop bleeding after injuries.
- They are rich in growth factors that stimulate hair follicle stem cells to divide & thicken the miniature hairs.
- PRP is a concentrated form of your own platelets, obtained from your blood. It is delivered right at the hair root to the stem cells of the hair in the process of miniaturization.
Why platelets Rejuvenate skin?
Platelets are the cells in the blood that help tissue to heal and grow new cells. The PRP, injected into specific areas of the skin, acts as a matrix that promotes your own collagen to grow, regenerates tissues, and thus acts as to naturally smoothen and tighten the skin. In this way, PRP Softens wrinkles and creating smoother skin texture and tone.
- The goal of PRP skin rejuvenation therapy is to improve skin tone, texture, tighten skin, soften lines and pores.
- Results begin to show 3-4 weeks after the treatment session and continue to improve with time.
- Three treatment session are generally recommended, spaced 15 days to 30 days apart to achieve the best outcome.
PRP therapy can be combined with following to best target a patients unique issues and thus achieve the final goal of younger looking skin:
- Laser treatments
- Chemical peels
- Anti-ageing treatments
Maintenance PRP treatments should be given over time.