Micro needling with derma roller is a new treatment modality for the treatment of scars, especially acne scars, stretch marks, wrinkles, and for facial rejuvenation. Patient will mild scarring can benefit from the procedure of derma roller treatment for acne scar. A derma roller for acne scar is a hand-held device with micro needles. Before starting the procedure, a topical numbing gel is applied to the treatment area for optimal comfort. During the procedure, the needles of derma roller for acne scar, create pores in the dermis, which encourage the release of growth factors and cytokines. The growth factors and cytokines in turn generate a wound healing cascade by stimulating collagen, elastin, and neovascularization. Needling sessions are typically done at an interval as suggested by our skin experts at MEADOWS Wellness. During the procedure, we apply serums to the treated area, specific to your skin concerns: (hyaluronic acid, growth factors and skin boosters for ant aging); (for facial rejuvenation and glow, vitamin C serums and skin enhancers are used); (vitamin E and rosehip oils for stretch marks); (collagen and elastin containing serums for acne scars).
How it is done?
1. Cleansing to remove oil and dirt
2. We apply a numbing cream on the face which remains on the skin for 45 minutes for its effect to set in.
3. We then remove the numbing cream and clean the face with spirit and betadine.
4. Micro needling is done with the derma roller all over the face and more so in the areas of scarring.
5. Ice is them applied to soothe the skin and decrease the redness.
6. An anti-inflammatory cream and sunscreen is applied in the end and the patient is good to go.